The Most Random Questions Ever:
1) What side of the heart do you draw first? Left
2) Can you dive without plugging your nose? I can dive without plugging it but cannot swim without plugging it.
3) What color is your razor? Blue
4) What is your blood-type? O+
5) Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? Nobody.
7) How do you feel about carrots? Have you ever seen a rabbit with glasses?
8) How many chairs at the dining room table? I have six at the one I keep set up but I also have a mahogany table; the chairs need refinishing/re-glueing.
9) Which is the best Spice Girl? They sucked.
10) Do you know what time it is? Apparently 1:49 EST In my world, it’s Sunday afternoon and that is good enough for me.
12) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Push the button, yell and settle in to play Bejeweled on my PDA.
13) What's your favorite kind of gum? I don’t chew gum. I have too many fillings. I like Beechies tho.
14) T or F: All's fair in love and war? Nothings fair and both suck.
15) Do you have a crush on anyone? I am too old for crushes. Who made this up, some kid in 6th grade?
16) Do you use words that you don't know the meaning to? There are very few words I don’t know the meaning to. In English at any rate. I can also spell them correctly most of the time.
17) Do you like to sleep? Sleeping is my favourite hobby. I almost can’t wait til I’m dead so I can sleep a real lot.
18) Do you know which US states don't use Daylight Savings? I’m cheating because I saw this but HI and AZ. Personally I don’t understand why they don’t just leave things on DST. I hate switching.
19) Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart? OK make that a sixth grader in 1985.
20) Do you want a bright yellow '06 mustang? No. I want a sturdy dependable car that goes in all kinds of weather, never breaks down and is a dull color so no one wants to steal it. And gets 100 miles to a gallon. And runs on leftovers.
21) What's something you've always wanted? To live in Ireland.
23) What does "Semper Fidelis" stand for? Always faithful. Strikes me as an odd military motto for people they call “jarheads”.
24) Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? Ocean. But I hate jellyfish. I love waves. And the smell. Except Fort Point Channel, especially at low tide.
25) Do you wear a lot of black? Yes. I am trying to improve that, but I feel it minimizes and goes with everything. It’s always in fashion. But I hate looking like I am perpetually going to a wake. Especially since, the older I get, the amount of wakes I go to increases yearly.
26) Describe your hair. Dark brown with a few silver streaks. Bangs I cut myself and long enough to put into a pony tail. Still gets wavy in humidity. I used to have blonde curls when I was little. I could still have blonde curls, but I don’t want to pay for them and maintain them.
27) Do you have Entomophobia? Well, not a phobia- I can kill a nasty bug if I have to. But I prefer to scream and get one of my kids to kill it for me. I do hate bugs tho, especially spiders. And mosquitoes. But fireflies and ladybugs are cool. Never did like dragonflies tho.
28) Are you an adult? When it suits my purposes.
29) Who is/are your best friend(s)? My sister first and foremost. My daughter and my niece. Ros, Melissa, Joan, Gail, Sue, Heidi, Lynne, Thelma, Bonnie, Dorry, Melissa.
30) Do you have a tan? No. Haven’t had a tan in ages. Need to rectify that.
32) Do you enjoy spending time with your mother? Not in hospital waiting rooms listening to her fart.
33) Are you a sugar freak? I am a jellybeanoholoc.
34) Do you like orange juice? Yes and I should drink it more.
35) What sign are you? Clearance, followed by 75% off, 60% off and 50% off. (I love the thrill of the hunt.) Also Virgo with Gemini rising, moon in Gemini.
36) Where do you wish you were right now? Being handed my perfect NAPLEX results on a beach in Ireland. How’s that for a fantasy?
37) Who did you copy this from? Kate- who else does these things?
38) How do you know them? I gave birth to her about 28 years ago. It was a good move on my part.
39) Have you kissed anyone in the past week? All three of my cats. Two of them seemed to enjoy it.
40) What are your plans for the weekend? Well, I had planned to file all my therapeutics notes, do my taxes, engrave some stuff and rake the garden. Basically I watched some old movies on tv and ate jellybeans and ice cream because my last school break ever ends tomorrow. *Sigh*
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. Braveheart, Princess Bride, Dogma, Rocky Horror and all the Harry Potters and LOTR.
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. Harry Potter and Chamber of Fire. Oh and ALL the Marx Brothers movies- they used to do marathon shows for five bucks and we’d watch them all day. And Rocky Horror.
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Mel Gibson. Brendan Fraser- cute and funny. Kevin Smith- clever and twisty.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. John Waters- creepy nasty. Sylvester Stallone- duuuh. Jerry Stiller- whiny. Bruce Willis- macho movies with shooting and explosions- eh.
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from. Princess Bride. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Let’s start at the very beginning…OK seriously? Sound of Music, Jesus Christ Superstar, Tommy, Annie, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The list of plays is longer- Phantom, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Godspell, Les Miserables, Tommy, Cats, Hair: many more. My family worked in theatre. So did I, in college. I got to see opera for nuthin AND I got time and a half.:)
6. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. This is a redundant question, n’est-ce pas? Sound of Music. Jesus Christ Superstar, Tommy, Annie, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
7. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. Sound of Music. Everyone can find something in it I guess. Adults- Eat, Drink, Man, Woman and Quest For Fire. Those two teach us things about how we communicate.
8. Name a movie you own. All the LOTR, Harry Potters and Quest For Fire, Young Frankenstein. And a huge cabinet of pre-DVD VCR tapes too.
9. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. LL Cool J. Toys with Robin Williams and Joan Cusack blew me away.
10. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? Oh yeah, lots- Neponset Drive-In was a big hit for huge Irish families with one car. My fave- as a teen, we saw Blazing Saddles.
11. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. Clerks. I went to watch Dan’s DVD of it over my spring break, and he had inadvertently put a porn DVD in the jewel case. I think Kevin Smith would have enjoyed that. (“Mom, where’s my porn?”)
12. Ever walked out of a movie? No. Then again, I didn’t pay for most of the movies I have seen (helps to have family working in theatre chains!).
13. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. The Rose. Bette Midler rocks.
14. Popcorn? Nope. Bring my own JellyBellys.
15. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Once a year or so. Whenever a LOTR or Harry Potter comes out.
16. What's the last movie you saw in a movie theater? Well we were supposed to be seeing Prairie Home Companion but the newspaper lied and it was Devil Wears Prada.
17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? I like comedy but not too stupid. I like drama as well.
18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? I dunno.
19. What movie do you wish you had never seen? Poltergeist. I had nightmares for weeks about the bodies popping up in the pool.
20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Rocky Horror. You just can’t explain it, you have to see it. And you either love it or hate it, no in-between.
21. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? Poltergeist. Sixth Sense scared me the first time but I found it so incredibly intriguing and poignant.
22. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? History of the World Part 1. I adore Mel Brooks.
Monday, April 02, 2007
My dad turned 88 on Saturday. My ex bitched to me when I said how frail he is "You've been ready to bury him for the past fifteen years!" This is a guy who has survived the Great Depression, WW2, life as a state employee, a very high-stress job (YOU try running an airport!), prostate cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, congestive heart failure, multiple myocardial infarctions, chronic renal insufficiency and asshole neighbors. Last year we were basically told that there is nothing else medicine can do for him except keep him comfortable. That was not an easy thing to hear. I honestly did not think he would see me graduate from school, but he seems to be surprising us all.
I was pleased to have all of my kids (except Miss Hawaii, of course) be there to honour him on this auspicious day. He was pretty happy about it, and he enjoyed his great-grandchildren as well. His favourite present was the presence of all of us.
Happy birthday, Hank!