Tuesday, August 08, 2006

twenty (million) questions

ok many more than twenty... I loved Kate's questions so I decided to steal them. It is a great way to sum yourself up, but I don't round off well, I have too many decimal places.

So, you want to know about me.

:Name:: Karen, aka BheanAnfa (I love my old nick, still known as BA in some circles)

::Single or Taken:: Very happily single.

::Sex:: On occasion.

::Siblings:: Two sisters. I don't see them enough.

::Eye color:: very blue, covered with tinted glasses because I am myopic AND light-sensitive.

::Hair color: Brown. Darker than it used to be, I was a blond child.

::Shoe size:: 9; big. You know what they say about people with big feet... (they wear big shoes.)

::Height:: 5' 8"

::Righty or lefty:: Bothy but mostly righty. I paint left-handed and plaster with both. Go figure.

::Can you make a dollar in change right now: most likely. My pocketbook is full of change and I pick up pennies if Lincoln is showing (bad luck if you don't!).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
::Who are your closest friends:: I have several close friends and a boatload of good friends. My oldest and dearest are Melissa, Joan, MaryEllen, Gail and Sue. My school pals are Tran, Michelle, Eva, Ryan, Francois, Crispy, and Chris, but I am good friends with many others also. I am also blessed with some great neighbors right now. And we can't forget cousins- a whole 'nother category. I like my kids pretty much too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorites

::Kind of pants:: Jeans. I got married in jeans- always said I would and I did.

::Number:: 12, then any odd number. I always park in odd-numbered spaces.

::Animal:: Sorcha is my heart's delight. Cujo is my buddy, and Damhnait adores me but the other cats and she have issues.

::Drink: Tea.

::Alcoholic Drink:Pina colada, or shiraz or Pouilly Fuisse.

::Sport:: To go see- hockey, ice skating. To do- skiing.

::Month:: September. I love fall.

::Cartoon:: Right now, I am totally amused by Robot Chicken.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Have You Ever..

::Given anyone a bath?: I have four kids- of course. I also worked in a nursing home so I have buffed a lot of aged flesh. I had to bathe a dead body for the undertaker once- I was glad I had prepared him, because his daughter came up to the nursing home to see him before he was taken out and I had made him clean & presentable.

::Smoked?:: I didn't smoke for many years but when I did it was 2-3 packs a day. I quit when my niece was born.

::Bungee Jump?:: Don't THINK so...

::Made yourself throw-up?:: I have a phobia about vomiting- if I throw up, I am really really sick. I threw up all day the day I moved. I hear Buck did, too.

::Put your tongue on a frozen pole:: no but I dared the neighborhood tough girl Ronnie to do it and she did- the only time I saw her cry.

::Broken a bone:: a finger and a toe

::Played truth or dare:: we called it something different when I was a kid. I preferred kickball.

::Been in a police car:: nope.

::Been on a plane:: several times

::Came close to dying:: Yes.

::Been in a sauna: Yes

::Been in a hot tub::Yes, but I kind of view them as bacterial stews.

::Swam in the ocean:: As frequently as seasonable possible.

::Fallen asleep in school: I played a lot of Bejeweled during Kelly's crappy pharmacoeconomics classes. That was to keep awake, so does it count? (I still got a B)

::Ran away?:: Yes, with my turtles in my pocket. I was very misunderstood.

::Broken someone's heart:: I certainly hope so, but I don't think he had a real heart. If he does, I hope it's diseased. (actually it stopped because he is dead, so I guess maybe he did have one.)

::Cried when someone died:: More times than I like to count.

::Cried in school:: In sixth grade. Like I said,
I was very misunderstood.

::Fell off your chair:: Usually when engraving and getting up and down a million times, then sitting down and the chair has moved. And when the bat was in my workshop.

::Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call?:: Usually it involves a hospital and a girl hit by a vehicle.

::Saved AIM convos:: No- I don't usually IM much anymore.

::Used someone:: Depends on your definition- maliciously- no. But I have used my connections with people to get things done- that's how public health works, and why I was good at it. Sometimes it's easier to accomplish things because you have established relationships of trust. That sounds like politics, doesn't it.

What is...
::Your good luck charm?:: I don't really carry a good luck charm, but I have an object of my Nana's I don't like to be without. I also have a St John-Paul medal my mom gave me that I keep with me a lot. He's not technically a saint yet, but trust me, he will be. I also found these wood-shavings from a saint's tree in my car- we bought them in Ireland when we got stuck there after 9-11, and they are supposed to protect your journeys from harm (I also have AAA, so I hedge my bets with saints).

::Best song you ever heard:: Ned of the Hill, the Connie Dover version. It stops me cold, and then I have it in my head for weeks. I also believe One by U2, is one of the greatest songs ever written. Legend of Cathain by Grant Lee Phillips sticks in my head the same way.

::What's your room like:: It's purple- even the ceiling. I LOVE my purple room. I need to hang more art in there but I have my Deidre painting where I can see it every day. It's so cozy and warm, and all the kitties like it too.

::What is beside you?:: My Sorcha but she just saw Dev and she is growling.

::Last thing you ate: Egg & cheese on a gluten-free French roll with a cup of tea. Yum!

::What kind of shampoo do you use?:: Whatever big jug is on sale- this stuff is coconut.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever Had...

::Chicken pox:: We had all the childhood diseases.

::Sore Throat:: Postnasal drip from allergies sucks.

::Stitches:: A few times.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do You...

::Believe in love at first sight:: Yes. I also believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy (but Bren is afraid of Jack Frost).

::Like picnics:: We just had one in Montreal.

::Like school:: Would I put myself thru this insane pace if I didn't? I always wanted to go back to school, and I did it. I just wish it were more fun and less stress, but I'm not a young whippersnapper with lots of energy anymore.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:

::What schools have you gone to:: Benjamin Dean, Gate of Heaven, Boston State, Anna Maria College, Wachusett Community College, UMass Lowell, and Mass College of Pharmacy. I also lectured for UMass Medical School students once on barriers and access to healthcare for indigent and minority women.

::Who was the last person you called:: Sue

::Who was the last person you slow danced with:: I don't remember, but I danced at Demis & Azita's wedding two weeks ago and it was a blast.

::Who makes you smile: My kitties. And my niece Kaylie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Who?:

::Did you last yell at:: Dan. He wouldn't shut up. Are you surprised?

::Broke your heart:: I refuse to break.

::Told you they loved you?:: Sorcha, I just got a kiss. Also my sister Sue.

:Who's your loudest friend?:: Francois. No contest. I have recordings to prove it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
::Do you like filling these out:: It's occasionally fun to every now and then- I just sent one out via email and got some funny responses.

::Do you wear contact lenses or glasses:: Glasses- used to do contacts. Wish I could do Laser surgery.

::Do you get along with your family:: for the most part.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

::What are you listening to right now?:: Maire Ni Domnhaill

::Gotten any awards:: Several.

::What car do you wish to have: One that never needs repair.

::Good driver?:: Sure, but pass me because I don't go over the speed limit...Parking is another story.

::Good singer?:: Yes, but I wish my voice was strong and carried well- it's thin and reedy.

::Have a lava lamp?:: Nope.

::How many remote controls are in your house? Too many. Buck bought a universal remote and chucked the old tv remote so now we can't program in the time anymore, which basically negates programmed recording- you have to sit and record. Not that I do- I make Dan and Kate do it.

:: What do you dream about?:: My sleep dreams are vivid and weird. My daydreams usually involve graduating and no more exams.

:: When you last showered:: yesterday and will in a few hours when I finish assembling my bookcase and organizing all the books and vacuuming..

:: Scary or Funny Movies:: Funny, but some scary are good, like "Sixth Sense". I hate stupid funny, love clever funny.

::Chocolate or Vanilla:: Vanilla!

::Rootbeer or Dr.Pepper:: Water. Lemon wedge, please.

:Skiing or Boarding:: Skiing.

::Summer or winter?:: I love the four seasons. I don't favour summer or winter, but I adore fall best and don't care for mud season. I love my garden in spring.

::Silver or Gold?:: Silver.

::Sprite or 7up?:: Water.
Lemon wedge, please. I don't know why people spend a fortune on colored, flavoured water.

::Coffee or tea:: Tea, but one Dunkin Donuts coffee a day is ok.

::Phone or in person:: In person, but phone has to do it when you're in school.

::Are you oldest, middle, youngest:: Youngest. It took them two tries to get it right. Boy were they surprised.

::Indoor or outdoor:: Outdoor in the spring and summer.
Indoor mostly in the winter, but I love being out skiing and I don't feel cold the same once I've been on the mountain. I like walking the beach in the winter when no one is out.

::Diamond or pearl:: Both. I like my diamond band and I like my pearls. I like my sapphire ring too, but I am just as happy wearing my Celtic knot jewelry that isn't precious. I don't want to collect precious stones, I just like wearing things that are pretty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today have you:

::Talk to someone you liked:: Yes- Eva called to say she missed me and catch up, and Tran left me a message so I need to call her back.

::Bought something:: Nope- but yesterday I bought a bookshelf, and some toothpaste and toilet paper at Target. The day before, Dan and I went to Nashua- he got some clothes, I got a couple gifts and we couldn't decided on a grill.

::Got sick:: Nope, thank God.

::Sang:: I am listening to Irish music- what do you think?

::Talked to an ex:: Nope and hope I never have to.

::Missed someone:: Kate. Now I have time to fart around and she's on the other side of the world. Ditto has promised to come join me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last person who:

::Saw you cry:: LOL Professor Carol asked me how I was doing with exams and I said "Fine" and burst into tears and startled the shit out of both of us. It was pretty funny. Amazing what stress can do to you.

::Made you cry:: Whichever professors wrote that freaking Medchem/Pcol exam.

::Went to the movies with:: Kate. She found ten bucks when we were leaving.

::You went to the mall with:: Dan- Sunday. We couldn't believe how every mall is the same and sells all the same stupid crap.

::Ever been in a fight with your pet:: Sorcha hates when I trim matted fur off but she forgives me. Cujo's bites and scratches are not about anger- he only bites you if you are worthy enough to play with him. Dev just adores me but she still runs if you approach her- she has to approach you.

::Been to California:: Nope, but I promised Tran and Tony I will visit.

::Been to Mexico:: Nope- maybe I will go when I visit CA.

::Been to Canada:: Montreal last May, and have been all over Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI, and Ontario to Port Colbourne and Niagara!

::Been to Europe:: Ireland several times! London once for a summer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random.....

::Do you have a crush on someone:: I am too old for that crap, but I still think Bono is cute. I like Mel Gibson and wish he wasn't nuts. He's heading into Tom Cruise territory.

::What book are you reading now?:: The Throne of Scone. It's a re-read but my eyes are so tired and so is my brain.

::Best feeling in the world:: Having all my kids and nieces and nephews together and hearing them laugh together.

::Worst feeling in the world:: When the doctor says "All we can do right now is hope for the best..." Seeing a paddywagon pull away with someone you love inside. Bruises caused by someone you loved very much.

::Future KIDS names:: I don't get to pick future names for kids, just cats. I got to pick my favourites. Actually, I would have liked to give my kids REALLY Irish names, but it wasn't just my choice.

::Do you sleep with a stuffed animal:: Nope, I sleep with the real thing. And Cujo snores.

::What's under your bed:: Maybe a stray dust bunny. Feng shui dictates that the stuff under your bed keeps you awake at night and disturbs your dreams. It also makes it harder to vacuum.

::Favorite Location:: Dingle Penninsula- Gap of Dunloe and Conor Pass. I also really loved Donegal, but then again, I haven't made it to Connemara.

::Piercing/Tattoos:: Pierced ears, done my myself at age 13 with an ice cube while no one was home.

::What are you scared of:: Bills and being unemployed.

::Who do you really hate?:: Hmm- that's pretty powerful. People who make and detonate bombs. People who invade homes and assault the inhabitants. People who make money off the persecution of others.

::Have you ever liked someone you didn't have a chance with?:: No.

::Have you ever cried:: Everyone cries in their lifetimes. I do it seldom because it frustrates me and I'd rather use that energy making things better. So I clean instead.

::Are you lonely right now:: I don't get lonely much- I like my own company. The only time I really feel lonely is going to Irish music events on my own because no one else I hang with likes that stuff. And once I get there I get so into it, I don't care because I am so glad I went.

::Song that's stuck in your head right now:: The soundtrack to "the Brothers MacMullen"- an instrumental version of the Sarah MacLachlan song "I Will Remember You"

::Have you ever played strip poker:: Nope.

::Have you ever been on radio/TV: Yes. Bozo rocks! I also did a cable tv show for ACS.

::Have you ever been in a mosh-pit:: Yes but I didn't mosh. Brendan and Buck did.

::Ever liked someone but thought they never noticed you?:: Maybe when I was 12.

::Last person you talked to on the phone?:: Eva

::Are you to shy to ask someone out?::I have been too busy to go out, so now that I have some time, I assure you I will not be shy.

::Hugs or Kisses?::Both.

::Butter, Plain or Salted popcorn?: Butter and lots of salt.

::Dogs or Cats?:: Cats- I love dogs but they require so much more work.

::Have you ever fired a gun?:: Yes.

::How many pillows do you sleep with?:: One -I have a light one I'll put over my face if I want to sleep later and it's too bright.

:: Who are you missing right now?:: Kate- she's the farthest away.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.