Monday, September 04, 2006

I go walking...

When I was on vacation, I started walking 2 miles a day with my BIL- desperately needed on my part. Shades of Bridget Jones, I find myself at an all-time weight high and the trousers are tight, but the kicker was the vacation photos. "Oh what a gift the giftie gie us/ to see ourselves as others see us" Robert Burns.
My first rotation is like a dream- this pharmacy is slow, the people have time to talk and teach, and they like me to work 10 am to 6 pm. Thus, I can rise by 7, hit the road by 7:30 and be back in time to shower and dress professionally, white coat included. So- Tuesday thru Friday this past week, I did 2 miles walking, and jogged 0.5 miles (0.25 at a time). Seeing as I missed walking for two days- one from work and one from Hurricane Ernesto's rain, I walked 5 miles today. I am glad I have the opportunity to do this early in the am most days.
I always managed my weight and fitness issues by jogging so it is feeling good to get back into a routine. I need to add some other workout, including weight-bearing and abs, and I need to get better about nutrition. I hope the rotation year affords me the opportunity to do this.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.